Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Time

My toenails have finally grown back to a length where they now need trimming. That means that it must be getting close to my next 24 hour race.
The gap this year is only about 9 months and I super-excited to hit Europe again for the Emu's latest battle.
Ewan has won C2K again and should go beyond his Pb, set on debut, of 235K.
John has gone wheat-free and has his energy back proven by 130K on a tough course at night at the Caboolture 12 hour Dusk to Dawn.
Mal has run over 130K in 12 hours twice this year. I think he will grow wings with the Aussie uniform on at the 24 hour distance.
That leaves me and Rick. I haven't done much racing since last year's Champs but have put together the usual solid summer training block and hopefully that will translate into a big total with the race closer to our summer this year.
Rick had another DNF at C2K but I think he is learning about his body all the time and I expect him to go sub 6min/k this year which will be great cause I like company :)

1 Comments:

Blogger trailblazer777 said...

Go the Emus!!! Being your 3rd opportunity to rep Australia you are getting experienced now. Should all come together on the day. You have the years of training in the bank, a bit of fine-tuning (on Easter Monday?) for raceday probably all that's needed.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home